Pagini

Friday, March 8, 2013

Udacity - HTML5 Game Development course

Recently I discovered a new HTML5 Game course, this time from Udacity. I was intrigued to see if they can teach something I didn't knew already, so I started to take the course. Since the course was just beginning I was able to do it quickly.

The course is based on GRITS game and a couple of Google I/O presentation about the game. GRITS is open source, so you can browse the source code and if you find something clever you can let us know (for example like Paul Irish did with jQuery).

Most of the things are the basic and well known, but you can find here and there a few good tips. I'm not saying that you'll throw away your code and rewrite it again but maybe you'll do a couple of tweaks here and there.

I didn't knew about TexturePacker - is a nice little tool that we might use in the future, as for Tiled - we already have our own map editor, so I don't know if we'll switch but, you know, it can be good for new projects.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting one about HTML game development courses! Looking for the best institute which provides placement assistance.

    ReplyDelete